The academic year has wrapped up, and that mean’s I’ll be busy working on all things Windhover over the summer months.  With that said, here’s an update on all things Windhover:

• This year’s issue turned out to be a beautiful edition, if I may say so.  It’s been encouraging to hear so many positive responses.  Just today, for example, New Pages posted a wonderful review of the issue: http://www.newpages.com/literary-magazine-reviews/
  • During early March, I brought the journal to AWP in Boston, arriving just before a snowstorm canceled and delayed many flights.  At the conference, I met with lots of writers, potential readers and submitters, connected with other editors, and, overall had a wonderful experience.  I plan to bring the journal to AWP Seattle in February 2014.
  • For next year’s issue, Volume 18, we’ve transitioned to using Submittable.  If you haven’t yet submitted, you can find a link to our submissions manager here, as well as on the main Windhover page.  We’re open for submissions of creative nonfiction, fiction, nonfiction, and poetry through September 1.
  • I’ve also assumed the position of directing the annual Windhover Writers’ Festival here on the campus of the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor.  I will soon be releasing the roster of speakers for next year’s festival, which will be February 5-7, 2014.
  • Next April I’ll be bringing Windhover to Calvin College’s Festival of Faith and Writing, scheduled for April 10-12, 2014, in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

That’s all for now!

Grace & Peace,

Nathaniel L. Hansen, Editor