I hope that Spring has sprung wherever you are reading this, and I want to take a moment to offer some updates about the journal and the festival.
- Issue 21.1 was released during the AWP Bookfair in Washington, D.C. This issue marks a full redesign of the journal, and the first in our new printing schedule of 2 issues a year (1 in February & 1 in August).
- If you haven’t yet read the issue, be sure to purchase a copy through our website, or better yet, order a subscription.
- We are currently reading submissions for issue 21.2, which will be released in August. We’re looking for poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction, as well as more general nonfiction. Please note that our reading period continues through April 15. Time is running out to send us your work!
- Because of our new schedule, we will have a second reading period, running from August 1 through October 15.
- We are excited to be bringing The Windhover to the second annual Catholic Imagination Conference at Fordham University. As the editor, I’ll be speaking with some other wonderful editors on a panel discussing faith-based journals. We’ll also have copies of 21.1 available. Here’s a link to the conference website: https://www.fordham.edu/info/25908/2017_catholic_imagination_conference
The Windhover Writers’ Festival
- The 2017 festival was an enjoyable time, with writers and readers local, regional, and national.
- Mark your calendars for February 14-16, 2018, which will be next year’s dates for the festival.
- We’re currently working on finalizing our roster, and once we confirm our featured presenters, we’ll announce the list via our Facebook page and Twitter account.
Grace & Peace,
Nathaniel L. Hansen, Editor