Issue 21.2 of The Windhover was just sent to our graphics editor to begin the process of creating the cover and preparing the issue for printing. The issue will be mailed out mid-August, and as we get close to the “release,” we’ll share more details and images.
For this issue, we received submissions from over 250 writers, and we’re proud to share the names of the 36 writers and 1 visual artist who will be included in the issue. Be sure to order a copy or two (or a subscription) from our online store.
I hope that Spring has sprung wherever you are reading this, and I want to take a moment to offer some updates about the journal and the festival.
- Issue 21.1 was released during the AWP Bookfair in Washington, D.C. This issue marks a full redesign of the journal, and the first in our new printing schedule of 2 issues a year (1 in February & 1 in August).
- If you haven’t yet read the issue, be sure to purchase a copy through our website, or better yet, order a subscription.
- We are currently reading submissions for issue 21.2, which will be released in August. We’re looking for poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction, as well as more general nonfiction. Please note that our reading period continues through April 15. Time is running out to send us your work!
- Because of our new schedule, we will have a second reading period, running from August 1 through October 15.
- We are excited to be bringing The Windhover to the second annual Catholic Imagination Conference at Fordham University. As the editor, I’ll be speaking with some other wonderful editors on a panel discussing faith-based journals. We’ll also have copies of 21.1 available. Here’s a link to the conference website: https://www.fordham.edu/info/25908/2017_catholic_imagination_conference
Fans of The Windhover & The Windhover Writers’ Festival:
* We’re excited that issue 21.1 (featuring the new title and layout) has been sent off to print. We’ll be releasing the issue at the 50th Annual AWP Conference in Washington, D.C., February 7-10. We’ll be at #342-T, so stop by and visit us!
* This upcoming issue begins our new twice-a-year publishing schedule, with one issue released in February and one released in August. To coincide with our new publishing schedule, we now have two distinct reading periods: 1) February 1-April 15 for the August issue & 2) August 1-October 15 for the February issue.
Dear fans of The Windhover and The Windhover Writers’ Festival:
Here are some quick updates as we enter this third week of Advent.