Fans of Windhover & the Windhover Writers’ Festival:
Spring greetings from Central Texas!
* We are currently accepting submissions for Volume 21 of Windhover, which will be released next February. We’ll be reading submissions of poetry, creative nonfiction, fiction, and nonfiction through August 1. You can find the call for submissions, as well as a link to our submissions manager, on our homepage: http://undergrad.umhb.edu/english/windhover-journal
* We are now reading book reviews year round. To get a better sense of our interests, check out the “Book Review” section of the Windhover blog: http://blogs.umhb.edu/windhover/ Book reviews can be submitted via our submissions manager.
* Next week will be at the AWP Conference Bookfair in Los Angeles on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Our table number is 830, so stop by say, “hi!”
* If you’re at AWP next week, we are hosting an offsite reading in conjunction with Rock & Sling, Ruminate, WordFarm, and Relief. The reading is Friday, April 1, at 8:30 p.m., and takes place at Salvage in downtown LA. The address is 717 W. 7th. There’s a facebook event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1524901651146183/
* We’ll also be at the Festival of Faith & Writing (4/14-4/16) in Grand Rapids, MI.
Windhover Writers’ Festival
* The 2016 Windhover Writers’ Festival was a wonderful 3 days of readings, panels, and workshops. This year we had several returning attendees, as well as many new folks.
* The dates for the 2017 Windhover Writers’ Festival are February 15-17. Although we have not completely filled the roster, we are very excited to announce that our keynote presenter next year will be Brian Doyle. He will also be joined by poets David Wright and Marci Rae Johnson. In the next month or so we will be finalizing the roster.
And don’t forget that we’re on Twitter @WindhoverMag
Grace & Peace,
Nathaniel L. Hansen, Editor